Friday, August 21, 2009

Pittying Short Guys

While getting lunch yesterday at the nearby crack house, aka 5 Guys, I was struck by a group of guys in shirts and ties all carrying the grease soaked signature brown paper bags. I started singing one of these things was not like the other because there was this short guy no taller than 5'3" pulling up the rear. My co-workers commented that the poor guy will never get a real girl because he is so short. UM...HELLO - what am I? Standing short at 5'0" and proud, I think I am quite a catch.

I had to remind them that when I was the best man in a wedding, yes, you read right, best man, but that's for another day, the groom stood a tall 5'5" and the bride - wait for it - 5'10". It was classic watching her damn near bend in half to kiss him when they were pronounced husband and giant, eh em, wife.

No comments: